Thursday, October 15, 2015

What I've been reading lately

As usual, I've been reading a lot these past few months. So, here is a list of what I've been reading lately.
REREADS

  • The 39 Clues, by several authors: This series is awesome. I highly recommend it. This is my second time reading the series, and it's better than I remembered. When their grandmother dies, siblings Amy and Dan Cahill are thrown into a worldwide scavenger hunt against their relatives, all of which would kill to get the prize, which is only world domination.
  • N.E.R.D.S., by Michael Buckley: In this great story by an amazing author, a team of six superspies travels all over the world to stop villains. However, there's one thing...the spies are all school-age nerds.
  • The Alcatraz books, by Brandon Sanderson: These hilarious, witty books follow a boy named Alcatraz Smedry in his quest to save the world from a cult of evil librarians. This is my third or fourth time reading the series. There are four books out so far, and book 5 is coming out next year.
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus, by Rick Riordan: This is my third time reading these books, and they're just as good as the day I first picked up book 1, The Lightning Thief, if not better. These are a must-read if you like magic, mythology, or just a good story. Heroes of Olympus is better than Percy Jackson, but they are pretty much one series with two names, so read Percy Jackson first. 
NEW READS
  • Sisters Grimm, by Michael Buckley: This has the same author as N.E.R.D.S., and it's just as good. When Sabrina and Daphne Grimm's parents vanish, they're adopted by their Granny Relda, and she tells them an astonishing truth: they're descended from the famous Brothers Grimm, and fairy-tale characters are real. They have to solve mysteries related to the fairy-tale characters, and rescue their parents from a mysterious organisation called the Scarlet Hand. I didn't really like Sabrina, the main character, but the rest of the series is totally worth it.
  • Kiki Strike: The Empress's Tomb, by Kirsten Miller: A band of six girls discover a lost world beneath New York called the Shadow City, and they must protect it, while solving mysteries surrounding their members. That's sort of a summary for the first book. Oh well. I read the first book several months back, and I just got this one from the library. This series is super cool.
  • The Copernicus Legacy, by Tony Abbott: I thought this was a great book...until I reread 39 Clues book 1. It's pretty much exactly the same, and 39 Clues came first. Don't bother reading it. Just go read 39 Clues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment